Our business is people. We aim to develop a team and provide an environment where expertise and creativity can flourish.
Help us shape the future
Madano is committed to building a better world through intelligent and creative communications. We work with clients who are taking on major challenges of our time through innovation and creative thinking – helping them tell their story, make the right connections, change attitudes and influence behaviours.
Our people are highly motivated and engaged, always encouraged to make their voices heard and given the opportunity to progress. And while we deal with challenging issues, we make sure we don’t take ourselves too seriously along the way. Questioning accepted wisdom, always looking for alternative solutions, ours is a purpose-driven culture where everyone pulls together to make a lasting difference.
We have resolved to work only with organisations whose values align with our own. And we employ people who demonstrate a genuine commitment to delivering positive change.
About Madano – Growth Journey and Culture
Madano is growing fast. And our ambition is to continue to grow at pace. This makes it is an exciting time for the business as we expand our remit in terms of new clients, new types of work and new disciplines. With this growth, comes the need to up our game in positioning our external profile. We are starting to receive the external recognition we deserve – in 2021 we have been recognised as 9th fastest growing agency by PRovoke and been ranked in the top 60 PR agencies in the UK (PRWeek rankings) and as we secure our position within the mid-sized consultancy space, we want to become more of a household name.
Madano has a unique culture, a factor that is critical to the company’s success. Alongside the need to increase external activity for the brand is a need for deploying the brand internally with our 40+ strong team of colleagues. This requires imaginative internal communications, effective planning and project management and organising some fun and engaging company get-togethers and events.
The role – Digital Executive
Looking for a career in digital communications? Madano is the perfect place to begin your journey. Our growing team helps cutting-edge companies deliver their business objectives through an unflinching dedication to doing communications right.
We’re looking for an ambitious entry-level applicant to support Madano’s digital marketing work for clients. We are looking for a driven, energetic, passionate and curious team member with keen problem-solving abilities and a thirst to learn on the job.
A degree is not a requirement, but you must indicate a working knowledge of digital marketing disciplines, either from experience or education.
The successful candidate should have a base understanding of Google’s analytics and advertising tools, social media (both organic and paid), SEO, PPC and email marketing.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Hard working, willing to learn
- Good project management
- Work well within a team
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and verbal skills
- Provide excellent writing and proofing skills
- Assist in the development and delivery of digital marketing audits (social, SEO, content).
- Have a working knowledge of key digital advertising tools and platforms (AdWords, Social platforms), with certifications a plus.
- Assist in campaign development based on client needs & goals, working with the team to write copy, target audiences, etc.
- Serve as a strategic consultant for internal teams on a variety of digital marketing tools, including Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor, Pollfish, Sysomos, syndication and analytics/measurement.
- Stay up-to-date on marketing industry trends, tools, etc…
Writing and Communication
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to dissect complex issues and clearly articulate solutions back to internal staff and clients as necessary.
- Create, review, edit, and enhance drafts of marketing content, blog posts, social media copy, and more.
- Contribute to a culture of open communication and collaboration, offering to be a resource and sharing expertise and insight that helps the team continually improve.
- Monitoring channels and blogs for commenting opportunities, and writing original and creative social copy, blog posts and other various forms of content.
- Make recommendations and counsel clients on the appropriate application of social media tools and strategies.
- Conduct comprehensive social media audits and competitive analysis.
- Knowledge/experience of using social media from a paid perspective.
Analytics and Reporting
- Employ a solid understanding of Google Analytics and other relevant analytics platforms and be ready to learn more.
- Support team production of clients’ EOY, quarterly, monthly and weekly marketing metrics and activity reports.
- Assist in new business brainstorms and development of supporting collateral as needed with a focus on marketing research, competitive and prospect coverage audits, and overall tactical approach.
What the Role can offer you
- The opportunity to make a real difference in this team, learn new skills, work across a diverse range of clients and build your experience
- To play an active role in clients’ marketing programs including social media, email marketing, lead generation, content marketing and SEO
- The chance to work with and learn from leading communications specialists at one of the UK’s most respected consultancies
- The ability to work directly with senior stakeholders and cross-functional teams, getting exposure to different areas of the business
NB: This role is primarily based at our office at Bankside (near to London Bridge & Blackfriars). We are open to exploring flexible working and part time hours.
As well as the basic salary, great social events and a culture of continual learning, our competitive benefits package includes:
- 25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays (with the ability for it to rise to a maximum of 30 days alongside length of service)
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Private Medical insurance (for you and your family)
- Income Protection insurance
- Life Assurance service insurance at 4x your salary
- Travel insurance (for you and your family)
- An annual ‘wellness’ benefit of £150 after one year’s service.
- Paid sabbaticals after 5 years’ service.
*Benefits are contingent on successful completion of probation period.
How to apply
To apply to this role, please send your CV and answers to the following questions to email@example.com.
Please answer the following questions in no more than 150 words:
- If you could change one thing about the world, what is it and why?
- Why do you want to work for Madano?
- What is your favourite social network and why?
Please note that the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
Madano is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and non-discrimination. At all times we aim to recruit, develop and promote the very best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job.
We particularly encourage applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, such as women, disabled people and individuals from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.